Sunday, June 16, 2013

Caught In A Catch 22


So I haven’t written in a long time. In the midst of things I got busy and I guess I forgot what was the point of it all. Truth be told I haven’t written anything since my last post. Not just on here but I haven’t even put pen to paper for a while. Maybe because I know that when I put pen to paper the truth always comes seeping out and even I know I’m in denial. What’s that saying, “ignorance is bliss”? In my case ignorance is just plain and simple ignorance and bliss seems so far away now. 

I spent so long trying to find myself after I had lost myself and now I’m fighting a battle if I should even keep myself. I never really knew much in life, I just sort of thought I had it all figured out or at least I will but I’m finding I’m learning new things everyday. They say people change and move on to bigger, better things but what if I change and I don’t like it? I wish I could just snap my fingers and go back to the way everything was before but even I know that’s a lie. 

Truth is I have changed and I’m not proud of it. I’ve found myself doing things I never thought I would do and going against every moral principle I believe in. Believed in, now seeming the appropriate word. I’ve always been a strong person but the realization that I’m weaker than I ever knew is crippling. And I feel as if I can’t move. There’s nothing I can do about it. Nothing I can do to change it. Nothing I can do to make it better.
 
This demotion of power has left me feeling paralysed and worse, helpless and hopeless. And there’s nothing more pathetic than that coming from the girl who thought she could take on the world. I used to be my own protection but now it seems I can’t even protect myself and the world is kicking my ass! It’s funny the advice I give to people is not always necessarily the advice I take myself. I always know the solutions to other people’s problems but can’t ever seem to solve any of my own. 

Life’s all about taking chances and risks, at least that’s what I preach but why is it now more than ever I remain in the safe zone, too afraid to move. Maybe it’s because I know if I even twitch a muscle, things could set in motion and those motions could reap permanent consequences. And once this happens, there’s no going back… but who says I want to?


No comments:

Post a Comment