Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Before I had that drink...


I need a drink, I really do. But since I’m not in the mood to be in the company of others in preferably a bar and I’m not really the drinking alone at home type, I think I’ll stick to writing. Probably for the best anyway, I haven’t written on here in ages and what ever I am feeling will probably be heightened after a couple of drinks.

So what’s wrong with me today..? You ever been so sure of something, so certain, like nothing said or done could have convinced you otherwise. You knew in your heart of hearts that it was true, that it was right and that it was real. And then one day something happens and you stand corrected. Time passes and you begin to believe again, somehow things haven’t changed, making you question if you were wrong in the first place. You ever had to stand corrected twice?

Its funny how gullible us humans are. The most smallest hint of a doubt or certainty can set things in motion. We’re so ready and willing to believe, to follow, to be blinded and even when we’re faced with the cold hard truth we still can’t come to terms to comprehend it. To accept it. To learn from it and move on. Instead we continue to lie to ourselves, still so convinced we were right and what’s worse is that we still believe it. Still hold that hope for it even when everything tells us otherwise, shows us otherwise. We still have faith. On one hand its what makes us beautiful, but on the other its what makes us doomed.

Fuck it, I think I’ll have that drink.


1 comment: